Camping is great. Being out in the great outdoors, sitting around the fire, sleeping under the stars.
I prefer to travel light though, and the amount of camping equipment there is out there and the amount of stuff people take camping is pretty mindboggling.
With a lovely camping trip fresh in my memory, I thought I would compile a list of my essential camping items to be a happy camper.
- Tent – My preference would be a Canvas Bell Tent for comfort or an Air Tent for the easy option.
- Mattress – An inflatable mattress or ideally a self inflating mattress for ultimate comfort
- Kelly Kettle – These kettles boil water using a fire made from a few twigs. Great for that morning cuppa or the washing up.
- Hammam Towel – These lightweight versatile towels double up as a blanket to use around the campfire
- Fold Up Table – it will make camping so much easier
- Camping Chairs – Preferably a padded one
- Cool Box
- Tin camping mugs, plates and cutlery
- A collapsible washing up bowl
- An arctic sleeping bag – these things keep you warm and toasty all night long
- A pillow
- A torch
- A pen knife
- A water bottle
- Solar phone charger